Handmade Miniature Tabletop Chest of Drawer
We’ve handpicked this gem not just for its beautiful style and useful purpose (who doesn’t desperately need more storage every day?) we simply couldn’t ignore the quality. Handmade from hard wood (weights nearly 3 kilos) carrying 20 hand-painted little ceramic drawers by craft makers of South East Asia.
We simply just fell in love right there.
‘’Though they are found in nearly every bedroom today, the history of chests of drawers began only a few hundred years ago. Whilst the coffer chest was in use from the 13th century onwards, it was not until the late 17th century that the use of drawers in chests emerged. This coincided with an increasing demand from the wealthiest patrons for luxury furniture and cabinet pieces, and in an increasing number of cabinetmakers in employment.’’
Despite this not being the typical size of chest of drawers you’d find in bedrooms, it can still serve its original purpose; storage. Here are some ideas:
- Jewellery storage, what’s more to treasure than jewellery?
- Herbal tea, let a random drawer pick your tea for the day?
- Spices, for those who cherish their spices
- Crafts kit, for those tiny bits and pieces that always somehow disappear
- Gratitude cabinet? We like this one
Dimensions 27cm x 23cm x 9cm
Material: Wood - Ceramic